Facts and Figures
The Faculty
  • Origin in a Department in the Faculty of Arts in 1917; became an autonomous School of Education in 1976 and a Faculty in 1984.
  • A unitary Faculty since 2002, currently with 7 Divisions, 7 Research Centres and 2 Consortia but no departments.
  • Has run its own Education Library since 1978; housing approximately 20,000 volumes of materials on educationally related topics; with 6 discussion rooms, smart-board facilities, and a rooftop garden. The library has been renamed the Tin Ka Ping Education Library since 2017 to honour the Tin Ka Ping Foundation for the generous support it has given to the Faculty since 1991.
  • Has been ranked number 4 by the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings for Education 2018 and number 7 by QS World University Rankings for Education 2017.